Job brief. We are looking for a qualified Database developer to design stable and reliable databases, according to our company's needs. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively.
Job Description Summary
The Database Developer II supports the design, development and implementation of solutions to integrate data between internal and external systems (vendor hosted/managed), user-facing data repositories (data marts, semantic layers, models and cubes), end-sure report and data extracts, and ETL applications in support of data warehousing/BI/reporting functions. Incumbents troubleshoot, document and resolve bugs/issue in off-the-shelf application as well as internally developed databases. The Developer II performs regular content and structure analysis of company application databases, and identified opportunities for query/database tuning to improve performance and implement changes with senior staff. Employees are expected to stay current with industry best practices and technical developments as it related to data, reporting and business intelligence.
Primary Functions :
- Develop ETL applications to move/integrate data between operational systems and data warehouse/BI systems. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with these applications in the production environment.
- Develop, test, and maintain user-facing semantic layers, i.e. cubes, models. Provide production support and troubleshooting as needed.
- Develop operational and management/analytical reports and dashboards and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Develop ad-hoc queries and reports on demand with short turnaround times as determined by business priorities.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working partnerships within IT department and other business units.
Technical Skills :
- Significant experience with an enterprise-level Relational Database Management System as well as related ETL and Business Intelligence toolsets. Demonstrated proficiency with a related SQL scripting/programming language, including the ability to develop, test, and debug ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, and data migration scripts is required.
- Knowledge of standard data modeling patterns and practices, e.g. 3NF, dimensional models, and the ability to produce logical and physical models using standard tools (such as Visio).
- Solid understanding of ETL strategies and design, (staging environments, data transformation, change data capture, slowly changing dimensions, etc.), with an eye towards delivering functional and useful solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to interpret business requirements, ask insightful questions, elicit additional requirements and/or clarifications and document solutions.
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience as a Database Developer or DBA, including ETL development and report development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to convey technical concepts and issues to employees from various organizational levels and functional backgrounds. Able to participate in and lead meetings when necessary.
- Ability to understand complex business processes, e.g. mortgage origination, and identify/document relevant data entities/attributes.
- A four year degree in computer science or closely related field is preferred. Significant, relevant experience is an acceptable substitute.
- Excellent customer service skills and sense of ownership and accountability for work product.
- The ability to work in teams (and with individuals) of diverse backgrounds in a cooperative and productive partnership.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, able to work with a minimum of supervision, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and manage multiple tasks and priorities,
- The ability to learn rapidly, to ask relevant and insightful questions, and take instruction constructively.
- The ability to make good decisions quickly, research and resolve problems, and perform well in pressure situations; includes the ability and willingness to respond positively to change within the company, the banking industry, and technology in general.
Mental and Physical Considerations:
- Able to operate a Personal Computer and view information on a monitor.
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and possess dexterity to include filing document, reaching and bending.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to speak and understand English and express ideas and have difficult conversation in person and over the telephone
- Ability to listen and comprehend speech.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and information, read, write and organize information in an orderly manner.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Normal business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time
Los Angeles, CA, USA
29 Aug, 2018